Vital Protein Muesli Bar Recipe
Boost your protein intake with this delicious recipe!
Healthy, tasty, and simple to make, these bars are the perfect snack for when you’re on the go!
Vital Protein powder is smooth and mixes easily into any recipe, and helps to boost your protein intake. It is natural, alkaline, and contains no nasties. Protein is essential for the support of lean muscle mass, energy levels, weight control and is the basis for all enzyme activity for basic body maintenance and detoxification.
½ cup (125 ml) coconut oil
1-2 tsp coconut oil (for preparing the baking pan)
¼ cup (approx. 60 ml) almond butter or macadamia nut butter
½ cup coconut sugar or rapadura sugar
½ cup (125 ml) honey or agave
2 cups (180 grams) rolled oats
½ cup desiccated (shredded) coconut
¼ cup raisins, goji berries or currants (or a mixture of all 3)
¼ cup Vanilla Vital Protein powder (or plain)
¾ cup coarsely chopped walnuts and or almond
½ cup sunflower seeds (reserve ¼ cup for topping)
½ cup pumpkin seeds (reserve ¼ cup for topping)
4 tbsp sesame seeds (reserve 2 tbsp for topping)
2 tbsp honey (for drizzling over bar before baking)
¼ tsp salt
Optional: 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F.
- Line a medium baking pan with baking paper and generously rub coconut oil on the paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine coconut oil, nut butter, coconut sugar, honey (or agave) and salt.
- Cook on low heat while stirring for 3 to 4 minutes, until the ingredients have melted and dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the rolled oats, shredded coconut, Vital Protein Powder and half the nuts and seeds. Optional: Add raisins, currants and/or goji berries. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
- Spread remaining nuts and seeds over the mixture and drizzle 2 tablespoons honey (or agave) on top.
- Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes until golden brown around the edges and the middle is semi set. Note: Check bars after 15 minutes to see if the top is browning too quickly. Cover with baking paper, if required.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan. Lift from pan by pulling up on the baking paper.
- Transfer to a chopping board and cut into desired sized squares. Remove the baking paper. As an alternative, you can also roll into bite-size balls while the bar is still warm.
While many protein powders are heavily processed (and can therefore wreak havoc within your body’s systems), are chemically sweetened, and can contain heavy metals, Vital Protein offers a healthy alternative. Vital Protein is made from a superior pea protein isolate, and boasts the highest available concentrate of vegetable protein. It is:
- free from gluten, dairy, sugar and soy;
- easily digestible;
- low in carbohydrates, and high in protein;
- alkaline, with a pH of 7.5;
- low Glycemic Index (GI);
- vegan and vegetarian friendly;
- certified Kosher;
- an ideal protein source for weight loss assistance.
We stock the complete Vital Protein Powder range here at West Perth Osteopathy, with four delicious flavours to choose from: Vanilla, Chocolate, Original, and Decaffeinated Green Coffee. Why not take home your own Vital Protein after your next visit to the clinic?